Extending Upstairs Ring Final

ColJack said:
just out of curiosity, what is behind the blank plate above the 2 new sockets?

There was 2 single gang sockets in the room when I moved in, 1 at the back of the room (above the original socket from which I have spured off from) & 1 above where the 2 new sockets are.

As the circuit they were on was dead, I removed the 2 sockets connected the wires into a terminal block (L to L, N to N, & E to E), & then put a blank plate over the back box.

Sponsored Links
no way of re-connecting the wiring to liven it?
then you could just use 1-3 or 1-4 gang adapters to make the singles into a tripple or quad..

Size of fuse in shower pump fcu's is often 5A. BUT please don't assume...

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS OR RING THE MANUFACTURER!!!

The cable for the shower pump looks like 2.5mm T+E?

Why so big?

How are you going to connect this 2.5mm T+E to the shower pump itself?

Sponsored Links
What do you mean, "the cable for the shower pump"?

Is it attached to the pump? Or is the cable that has been installed to feed the shower pump?

Edit-whoops, sorry Lec..... :oops:

Lectrician said:

Why so big?

I was going to put in a DP pull switch in the shower room & connect the shower pump to this.

What size T+E should it be then :?:

It's a punctuated french phrase which basically means "what happened then?"

Lectrician said:

Why so big?

I am going to replace the 2.5mm T+E with 1.5mm T+E.

So it would be the unswitched FCU in upstairs bedroom, to 1.5mm T+Egoing, through the floor into the hall below, then I was thinking of puting a DP switch on the wall in the hall, and connecting the 1.5mm T+E from the FCU to the Supply side of the switch, & then dilling through the back box of the DP switch, & into the shower room, & running a piece of 1.5mm T+E from the Load side of the switch, through the hole in the wall & into the shower room (And having the T+E chased into the wall in the shower room), & down to the shower pump, which will be under the shower tray (maybe :?:)

So would this be OK :?:

So would what I said above be OK :?:

So would using a DP switch on the wall in the hall be OK, or should I use a DP pull cord switch in the shower room on the ceiling :?:

(With shower pumps, do you have to turn off the switch for it, every time after you use it, or can you leave the switch for it on all the time, as it turns itself off :?:)

Most pumps are auto on demand via pressure switches inside the pump, why isolate it, other than at a fused spur?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back