Exterior door frame repair and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey. And thankyou all in advance, this forum has helped me time and time agai

So, looking at theese 3 pictures how would i repair?

My plan was to repair the door frame so that i can put a brand new wooden door into it.
Cut out bad wood
Or use wood filler
Or what?

Then paint frame and new door. And new handle with lock

Wall

My plan was to use sand cement before using something like tissue to make the texture. Then paint.

Am i right? Probbably not. Your all clever clogs whom i rely on cheers guys!!!

Also.. That deck and gravel is NEW!!!! ALL IN ONE BANK HOLLIDAY WEEKEND.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 134
Sponsored Links
To show the texure...

Attachments

• 1464731266603561275570.jpg
    1464731266603561275570.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 106
If you are going to the trouble and expense of renewing the door, I'd certainly replace the frame too......probably keeping the timber sections the same so long as they suit the new door.
As for the wall, is that render or a tyrolean flicker finish?
John :)

So i cant just cut into rotten bit use some 3x2 or whtnot and fill it?

And that last bit went over my head haha :)

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
By all means it's possible to splice new timber into the rotten section, but naturally enough it depends really on how deep the rot is, and how good you are with the saw and chisels......personally there's no way I'll use filler on outside work because eventually the surrounding timber shrinks away and then the trouble continues.
Tyrolean finish is a cement based wall application that is applied by either a machine or a hand operated flicker gun that allows you to build up a render coat up to around 6mm thickness.....silicone additives give it a waterproof and long lived finish. I must confess I've only ever had one go, and that wasn't on a patch but it was very effective!
My own reasonable attempts have been with a sand / cement render, and then flicking gravel on with a trowel....we call that 'hard cast' up here. The results weren't anything like professional but good enough once painted.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back