Exterior Window Trim Question

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there - I am new to the channel. Wanted to run a question by some of you experts out there. I am replacing windows in my home with replacement windows and am trying to figure out the best way to put trim on the exterior. As a side note, my neighbor hired a contractor to install his windows and put a nice vinyl trim around his (pictured). Both our homes are the same age and have aluminum siding. If someone could help me figure out the material they used on his windows that would be very helpful. I currently have a temporary PVC trim around my window to protect it from the elements while I figure out a more permanent solution. I know mine is a hack job and it shows.

1657303568738.png

1657303596642.png

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The trims on yours are the wrong size.

You need a wide trim for the side cheeks - wide enough to be proud of the siding.

If that trim doesn’t cover the window frame, you need another trim, laid flat.

Im sorry I’m in the UK so can’t help with suppliers and we don’t use vinyl trims here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back