External boiler?

Are you seriously implying that CO can't spill from a RS appliance? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Out of interest cmair what circumstances do you think a standard BF appliance would release CO into the room as opposed to a RS appliance with fan etc

Hi all and thanks for the replies, computer been down for a while and only just managed to get back online.

In answer to some of the questions:

Yes we have a carbon monoxide detector in the room which constantly reads zero, and has never moved off zero since it was fitted when we moved in.

The boiler is serviced anually (due in November 09) and there is no smells or strange noises coming form the boiler.

I just want to get it encased in something because for 2 of us to start with migraines is quite strange, if i were to build a wooden cabinet around the boiler and fit a small vent would this be ok?

Sponsored Links
You could liken an Co detector to walking down the middle of the M4 with a high viz jacket, and hope no-one hits you.

There's many reason it may not record, including drafts.

Trust your instincts and get it checked out properly, or better still moved.

You could liken an Co detector to walking down the middle of the M4 with a high viz jacket, and hope no-one hits you.

There's many reason it may not record, including drafts.

Trust your instincts and get it checked out properly, or better still moved.

I had the boiler checked out when we first moved in by a corgi registered plumber and he serviced it too and said all was ok.

I may be miles off that the boiler is causing us both headaches, but it seems very strange as the kids are fine and its only us with the problem, this is why i want to encase the boiler, would the cupboard idea with a small vent be safe?

Under the circumstances I would build the cupboard and put top and bottom ventilation to atmosphere, whether it needed it or not.

It would also allow you to seal the door with draft excluder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back