External metal backbox sizes

Like SUNRAY (although undoubtedly not on the same scale!), I have installed a good few in my time. They can be quite useful for many things, none of which have been clocks for decades!
No that is a bit extreme.
Hence, if you were to ask people how many (if any) they had installed "to connect clocks" in the past 25 years, then I imagine the answer would be much closer to zero ;)

Kind Regards, John
Last one I did that for would have been about 1984-5
I re-used an old one about a year ago for a ring doorbell where the 13A plug kept getting unplugged to charge phones/nintendos/Ipads and changing the SSO for a DSO didn't solve it.

Sponsored Links
Eh? I don't really understand. As you go on to say, few clock connectors will have been installed for clocks 'for decades'. What is 'extreme' about what I wrote? In any event, I was writing about my practices, which imay differ from yours, but which I would (needless to say!) not regard as 'extreme' :)
Last one I did that for would have been about 1984-5
Quite.
I re-used an old one about a year ago for a ring doorbell where the 13A plug kept getting unplugged to charge phones/nintendos/Ipads and changing the SSO for a DSO didn't solve it.
Over the years, I've often used them fairly extensively for 'high up' lights on walls or on tops of items of furniture etc.., and also for low-current things I wanted to more-or-less 'hard-wire', but didn't want to use something as large as an FCU or a standard 'connector plate'. Very many years ago, I bought a very large 'job lot' of them for not very much, and have been gradually using them ever since ;)

Kind Regards, John

Eh? I don't really understand. As you go on to say, few clock connectors will have been installed for clocks 'for decades'. What is 'extreme' about what I wrote? In any event, I was writing about my practices, which imay differ from yours, but which I would (needless to say!) not regard as 'extreme' :)

Kind Regards, John
Referring to me fitting loads of them.
In one meeting room there must have been >30 and there wer several similarish rooms and maybe a dozen smaller rooms with something like half a dozen so we're looking at around 200 in one company. We usually used the round version which fitted on Besa boxes, dead simple

I bought a very large 'job lot' of them for not very much, and have been gradually using them ever since ;)
I can imagine that makes a big difference to the circumstances in which one uses them.

Like many of the more unusual items in MKs range they seem bloody expensive if one has to pay "full price" for them

Sponsored Links
I can imagine that makes a big difference to the circumstances in which one uses them. Like many of the more unusual items in MKs range they seem bloody expensive if one has to pay "full price" for them
Agreed. It was a very long time ago but, from what I recall, I paid very little for a large pile of them.

As I've said, although I'm sure there were other approaches I could have taken, they have proved pretty useful over the years!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back