extra large ceiling rose for hanging light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

This seems like a stupid question, but I have some 'eyeball' spotlights in my front room of the flat we've moved into that leave an 18cm hole in the ceiling. I want to hang new lights, can someone tell me where I could find large enough roses to use with the new lights so that I don't have to replaster the holes? It seems like a simple thing, but I just can't seem to find a supplier (or a suitable alternative). Would be very grateful for any advice!

Thank you.

rajni

Sponsored Links
Why not buy an ornate plaster ceiling thingeee & then fit a standard rose to that

The problem with that is that there are in fact four of them in our front room!! This would not have been my choice, but it's what we've got. It's a small room, and I think four of the ornate ceiling roses would just be a bit much, so I'm looking for something much simpler if possible.

Thanks for the idea though...

rajni.

moved as posted in wrong forum (general diy)

18cm seems a little large.

You will need to cut a circle of plasterboard to fit, then glue a couple of battens across the hole before attaching the plaserboard to them.

Most spotlight holes can be filled with circular dry line patresses.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll look into this. Yes, I know the holes are strangely large (and also very jaggedly cut), but unfortunately that's just what we have to work with!

rajni

Go with Qedelec's plan, and start asking friends and family for the name of a good plasterer...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back