Extra Socket

what's more likely to get your attention..
one guy saying to you quietly and calmly "don't stand there, there's a bus coming" or a group of people shouting and screaming at you "Oi, Idiot, there's a bus stopping there in a minute.."?

I can understand this but I was just asking for some advice from people who know what they are doing with stuff like this, at no point did I say I was doing this.

You meant to be the experts and thats why I'm hear to ask your advice. You may all know what your doing but I don't, would I start calling you all idiots if you came on asking me a question about what I do?!

Sponsored Links
Everyone else who jumped on me being patronizing as I just asked an extra question to try to understand better needs to get a life!
Jumped on you?

Being patronising?

No - this is what happened:
Someone has told me I can run a socket from a light switch, does anyone know if this is possible and how I would go about doing this?
Two people told you that you can't do that, and that the person who told you that you could has no idea what they're talking about.

And then you just asked the same question again.
Thanks for this, is it possible from the light switch or would you need to do it from further along the circuit?
And that is why you got criticised.

Your not exactly encouraging people to post when you react like that!!
People who ask a question and then ignore answers and repeat the question should be discouraged from posting....

Sponsored Links
Everyone else who jumped on me being patronizing as I just asked an extra question to try to understand better needs to get a life!
Jumped on you?

Being patronising?

No - this is what happened:
Someone has told me I can run a socket from a light switch, does anyone know if this is possible and how I would go about doing this?
Two people told you that you can't do that, and that the person who told you that you could has no idea what they're talking about.

And then you just asked the same question again.
Thanks for this, is it possible from the light switch or would you need to do it from further along the circuit?
And that is why you got criticised.

Your not exactly encouraging people to post when you react like that!!
People who ask a question and then ignore answers and repeat the question should be discouraged from posting....

So someone who has posted 4 replies is to be trusted above someone who has made 2000 and odd replies and been thanked 90 times? Doesn't seem to make sense to me!!!

GaryMo's a plumber and all of his thanks and posts are from the plumbing section... :)
you don't know that he's a sparky or that he has anymore knowledge of electrics than the guy that decided to join up a few days ago..

GaryMo's a plumber and all of his thanks and posts are from the plumbing section... :)
you don't know that he's a sparky or that he has anymore knowledge of electrics than the guy that decided to join up a few days ago..

This is true, and to be honest you seem to be one of the people who is being reasonable, As I've never used this site before I'm sure you can understand why I listened to Garymo instead of the others.

Anyway, thanks to the people who did try to help.

Paul

So someone who has posted 4 replies is to be trusted above someone who has made 2000 and odd replies and been thanked 90 times? Doesn't seem to make sense to me!!!
Are you hard-of-thinking?

You didn't take any notice of the 3000+ posts 92-times thanked responder either.

Someone has told me I can run a socket from a light switch
Don't listen to that somebody, they have no idea whay they're talking about.

Still, if you can confirm the existing socket is part of the ring then there's no reason not to extend it. Equally, it would be perfectly acceptable to spur a single double socket outlet from the one you already have.

If you have a read through the WIKI and then come back when you have a slightly better understanding, I'm sure we can lend a hand with any remaining questions. That is, if you haven't been scared off. We seem to have a bit of a reputation for that sort of thing around here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back