Extraction Fan Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I had a new bathroom installed 3 years ago including an attic ceiling fan being installed At the time the installers warned me that I could potentially have issues with condensation running down the pipe. Over the time I have which has led me entering the attic to empty water collected. Am now trying to fix once and for all. I bought the Verplas trap from Toolstation but seems it’s more suitable for solid ducting when I have flexible. I’ve also seen options where the trap lets the water evaporate without need for me to plumb a waste pipe which will make it much simpler for me too (current option is to pipe to airing cupboard and connect onto heating system overflow). Can anyone recommend a suitable trap please for possibly flexible ducting and no pipe work? Cheers, Chris

Sponsored Links
get rid of the flexy duct. you cannot prevent it accumulating condensation (unless, perhaps, it is hanging vertically)

show us some pics of the route of the duct as there are other ways.

get rid of the flexy duct. you cannot prevent it accumulating condensation (unless, perhaps, it is hanging vertically)

show us some pics of the route of the duct as there are other ways.

Apologies for the delay, please see pic attached.

Attachments

• 402E4A9F-2854-4049-83CD-137A92DE061D.jpeg
    402E4A9F-2854-4049-83CD-137A92DE061D.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 42

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back