Extractor fan venting into loft

So we put slates and underlay on roofs to keep out the rain and you ventilate humid atmosphere in to protected space?? Perhaps only saving grace is that it will take a few years for timber to rot and show and roof repair will be shared by other tenants depending on your lease specifics, Some sort of handyman/jack of all trades to sort.

Sponsored Links
Roof repair may well not be covered by all if it can be shown that an incorrectly fitted fan has caused the damage.

Thanks for the further replies. I've deactivated the fan now and will look into getting ventilation to the outside installed. I checked that other fitting and it's disconnected, so I don't think that's a problem, but thanks for pointing it out. Astute observation about the coal dust - this is actually an old mining and industrial area, so that could be the reason - I think it's OK where it is, since presumably it's sat there for a few decades already.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back