extractor fan with humidity sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I need to buy an extractor fan for the bathroom. I've seen ones which have a humidity sensor - so they turn themselves off when theyve cleared the air - not before/after.

Has anyone else used these? Ild like one that is as quiet as possible, but clears as much moisture as quickly as possible. The bathroom has no window, so this will be the only form of moisture extraction.

Any thought will be muchly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I put one in one of my bathrooms. It's dead reliable, it comes on whenever it rains!
Two things with extract fans -

they only work if there's some path for the replecement air to get IN to the room . A vent in the door or a gap under it is needed in your case. Obviously it's normal to trigger them off the light with an overrun timer.

Get the right sort of fan - sorry some are noisy unless you locate them remotely. A cheapo axial fan simply won't send much at all down more than 1 metre of ducting, it'll have to be a centrifugal.

Thanks Chris.
Do you recommend a humidity fan thats quiet and powerful? Its important to me that it will be quiet becasue it will be located next to a party wall and I dont want to annoy the neighbours!

The fan will go in the ceiling and the tubing will have to go up through the loft and out through the roof.

I presume you can adjust the humidity sensitivity so its doesnt come on when it rains!

Sponsored Links
An inline centrifugal fan mounted within the duct in the loft from a grille in the ceiling would be the most effective way to achieve low noise and goo performance improved by fitting a slightly bigger fan than you require fitted with a speed control so that you can run the bigger fan at a slower speed thereby reducing noise to a minimum, this works in my bathroom, the only noise you can hear is the whisper of air moving at the grille ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back