Recommendation for Bathroom Air Extractor with Humidity Sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Please can you recommend me a bathroom air extractor with humidity sensor. I'm looking to buy 4 to replace the ones that I currently have (all 10 years old and noisy/failed - I moved into the house 3 years ago). 3 bathrooms with showers/bath and 1 room with just a toilet.

I have looked on www.diy.com and www.amazon.co.uk but find these sites lacking in information and/or the reviews are very mixed.

Sponsored Links
do they go straight through the wall in a 100mm-ish tubular duct?

this brand seem very good to me. Much quieter than the old designs, and use far less electricity. There are several other makes using modern efficient and quiet motors as well. Usually about 80 cu.m/hr
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Manufacturers/Soler/4_Inch_Fans/index.html
I wouldn't go for the humidstat version though. I'd have one that comes on automatically with the light switch, and runs on for a timed period afterwards.

If you have ducts running in the ceiling or through adjacent rooms, you can use a ducted inline fan, which can be two or three times as powerful, and very quiet. They are larger so are often placed in the loft, sucking through a grille in the ceiling, with a duct running to the eaves or gable wall. The extra power is very suitable if the occupiers have frequent steamy showers. Avoid the cheap little white ones sold in DIY sheds. Look for 180 cu.m per hour or greater.
For example https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTD160T.html but there are several brands

> do they go straight through the wall in a 100mm-ish tubular duct?

I think so, but I'll check.

> I wouldn't go for the humidstat version though. I'd have one that comes on automatically with the light switch, and runs on for a timed period afterwards.

That's what my current ones do. Okay, I'll go for the same function.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The fan is too far from the shower, by the time it’s triggered by moisture the room will be full of moisture.
Should be above the shower in ceiling ideally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back