Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had an extractor fitted to my bathroom and judging by my calcs the fan should be sufficient for the room (1.4m x 2.3m 2.2m), the fan pulls at 85m³/hr but my question is... when I do a smoke test you have to get close to the vent before it starts sucking it in, I'd expect to see some suction from about an arms length away, would you? Also it got about a 7m run for remove the steam but fear the fan isn't strong enough at 20w, what do you think? and my last question based on the figures of size and pull, how long would you expect the fan need to run to clear the room of steam?

Sorry for the long post but hope someone can help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That's an Axial fan.....

It won't be suitable for extracting over 7m.

You need a Centrifugal one, probably 6" for that distance!

Thats more like it,,, but what ducting did they fit???

For that kind of run you'd be better off with smooth bore duct, something like 4" soil pipe!!

and only use flexi at the ends

What i like about screwfix is they allow negative reviews on their page unlike b&q who just don't post them

Did you read them btw

DIY'er REVIEWER
Overall Rating:
Would you recommend this product? No
Value:
Features:
Performance:
Reliability:
A fan to avoid 4 Jan 2010
By DIYfan , Liverpool
"Timer lasted 2 days. Fan failed after 7 days. Very poor suction. Noisy. Condensation inside the exhaust duct (even when fully insulated) runs back to the joint with the fan body, and then drips inside the electrical connections box which has its cover facing the exhaust connection and is positioned at the bottom of the unit. This Manrose fan is not fit for purpose.
Screwfix gave a refund without any fuss..... the only good thing to come out of my experience!"
Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Review)
Share this Review:

DIY'er REVIEWER
Overall Rating:
Would you recommend this product? No
Value:
Features:
Performance:
Reliability:
Waste of time & money 2 Oct 2008
By rinky , Swansea
"I never had reason to use one of these before and so now I know with hindsight that I should have bought a more powerful model. My bathroom is tiny and so I thought this would do and therefore installed the kit but was very disappointed. The unit itself would have a hard job sucking up a piece of tissue. Yes it does come with all you need and is easy to install but that is wasted if it's not actually doing it's job. Nevermind."
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Review)
Share this Review:

No, not reviewed it... want to give it a weeks worth of running on it... for the ducting it's teir own 3m pvc stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back