Facia & Soffits Plastic Coloured board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be interested in views on quality of boards to replace Facia and soffits boards in different quality

I have been told white is the better quality board and some of the other colours are not so long lasting , because of how the colour is processed onto the board

We would like Black , although have been told an ebony board should be OK

The property is very near the sea and is a bungalow

Interested in the experts views here

Also how can I check to see if the rafters are all OK, before I commence any work
Would be useful to have an idea on any extra costs that maybe involved

Thanks
Wayne

Sponsored Links
Hi Wayne, if you want black then don't go for a gloss board. It'll warp like a boomerang. You want a quality white foamed board with a decent foil (laminate) most laminates nowadays are pretty good and not like they used to be.
We've used pretty much most makes of board as we fit a lot of fascias (we get freebies sometimes from companies asking us to try out their boards)

If you're by the sea and you want a quality board then go for the Deeplas foiled board. Deeplas are actually owned by eurocell but it's not a eurocell board (they aren't as good as eurocell boards). Deeplas have their own in house foiling where most others send off to laminators off site.

Our supplier www.theplasticsdepot.co.uk might be able to help you. They will be able to advise on the rafters and can provide cans of rafter treatment that you paint on before you fit the new fascias.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Any colour from a decent manufacture will last without significant fading nowadays.

Suppliers just buy the product in, so find out the manufacturer of the board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back