Fairy Light Curtain! Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a fairy light curtain set for my daughter and have a problem. A couple of the bulbs had gone so decided to replace them (but not sure on the type as doesn't say on the box!) I had some others that look virtually the same so tried these but flickered and went out.

Anyway noticed the fuse bulb had gone so changed this but the same happened again, flickered and went out and fuse bulb gone. If the bulb was not quite the right type would this cause this to happen do you think?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You might have put extra low voltage (under 50v) bulbs in a set that uses 230volts. This will cause the fuse bulb to blow. You really need to find the correct bulbs, search google for the manufacturer etc.

There is nothing on them at all plus they have pink holders which makes it even more difficult to find! Not sure how to identify them?

So on the box, and on the plug on the lights theres no markings or manufacturers stamps?

Sponsored Links
You could always remove a working bulb, measure the resistance between the two contacts and then try to locate a new lamp with similar resistance. Of course, this does rely on you having a multimeter and lots of different spare lamps to test!

No nothing, I checked the box as I got it down from the loft which is quite ridiculous!

That is a good idea to check out the resistance if I can find someone to do that for me! Thanks

Hello.
Are you likely to 'know' someone who has the time, motivation and test equipment to do this ??? :eek:
Would it be possible for you to find the 'product' that you have online and find out the lamp type that way ? Even without a manufacturer you may be able to find the items details that you need ??

Just a thought.

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back