Far right riot in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Having racist slave traders celebrated with statues. Having police officers treating minorities differently to white people.

I can't remember the last time I celibrated a statue..

Police were treating white people differently, I see that with the battons they were using... The difference is ill support the police the way they dealt with white thugs.

You: I guess won't support the police being heavy handed with Black thugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the rioters are being accused of being far right because they voted leave. I think they're accused of it for the Nazi salutes and chants of "we're racist and we like it". :cautious:
It wasn't just in London.

It was reported in Brighton that similar types surrounded a war memorial and did nazi salutes and threatened the BLM marchers...

They are of course too thick to see the irony!

We tend to sit around self congratulating ourselves thinking we don't have a racism problem in the UK. Compared to the US we're much better, but that's not the same as none.

Hungary, Czech Republic. Romania Russia India China many African country's. I suspect are not as bad as we are.

Is there a country with no racism. ?

You ask citizens from these country's who live in the UK what police force do they prefer ours or theirs.

Sponsored Links
To race relations. I thought that was obvious.

Having racist slave traders celebrated with statues. Having police officers treating minorities differently to white people. To the death toll for BAME being in part higher because of racism.

We tend to sit around self congratulating ourselves thinking we don't have a racism problem in the UK. Compared to the US we're much better, but that's not the same as none.
“The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”

“The continent may be a blot, but it is not a blot upon our conscience,”

“The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more.”

I wonder which statue defending leader also wrote contradictorily that they "should stay up because they “teach us about our past with all its faults” ?

Not much hope that things will change significantly!

I wonder which statue defending leader also wrote contradictorily that they "should stay up because they “teach us about our past with all its faults” ?
Which might be true if they included stuff like, 'Churchill lead the country through the worst war the British aisles and the world had ever seen, and is one of the greatest political leaders we have ever had. He and also had some pretty horrific views on race'.

It's Boris, we shouldn't expect him to make sense.

Hungary, Czech Republic. Romania Russia India China many African country's. I suspect are not as bad as we are.

Is there a country with no racism. ?

You ask citizens from these country's who live in the UK what police force do they prefer ours or theirs.
You're probably right, but that doesn't mean we can't do better and that we'd be better as a nation as a result.

I wonder what the least racist country is, might have a Google for a bitm

I can't remember the last time I celibrated a statue..

Police were treating white people differently, I see that with the battins they were using... The difference is ill support the police the way they dealt with white thugs.

You: I guess won't support the police being heavy handed with Black thugs.
I'm not ok with the police giving different races different levels of violence because of their skin colour. That's kind of my point throughout this (edit, various recent) thread(s). :cautious:

But the police do have to respond intelligently. As I understand it they showed up in their normal gear to start with, then when the rioters started assaulting people and throwing stuff at the police they armoured up and went in with the batons. That sounds similar to how they managed BLM, except there was much less violence for the BLM protrsts. so they didn't need to go as big.

Also, a statue is a celebration. By it being there it celebrates things.

Last edited:
You're probably right, but that doesn't mean we can't do better and that we'd be better as a nation as a result.

But this has put us back 30 years. Or at least if we don't grab it by the balls it will.

Most police in this country are good people... We need to remember they are people. Young black youth and their parents treat the police like sh¡t. Not all (mandatory) but a lot. Compare this with the Chinese or Indians, do they have the same problems either way with the police.

It's a two way street..... As a young black lad would say "RESPECT" Respect works both ways...

But this has put us back 30 years. Or at least if we don't grab it by the balls it will.
How have we gone back to the 90s? What has changed in the last month or so, other than a large proportion of our country realising that we aren't a non racial utopia yet?

Most police in this country are good people... We need to remember they are people. Young black youth and their parents treat the police like sh¡t. Not all (mandatory) but a lot. Compare this with the Chinese or Indians, do they have the same problems either way with the police.

It's a two way street..... As a young black lad would say "RESPECT" Respect works both ways...
It does, but if your experience is that you're being stopped and searched because you're black then the police lose their respect. It's not simple but pretending that it's just on the side of ethnic minorities is actively harmful.

It does, but if your experience is that you're being stopped and searched because you're black then the police lose their respect. It's not simple but pretending that it's just on the side of ethnic minorities is actively harmful.

I'm not saying it's the side of ethnic minoritys. I'm saying some ethnic minoritys This is a double edged I admit.. I've met bad cops I know they are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back