Farewell Democracy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well what vestiges of it were left...

Asking the Queen to suspend Parliament to force through Brexit...

If she agrees, UK democracy will be well and truly dead!

Sponsored Links
Queen will not act. She expects Parliament to step in. Boris will call a snap election and fight it as him vs Parliament, the Brexiteers will lap it up and I suspect Boris may win a majority.

Boris only course of action was to turn the party even more right wing, this suffocates Farage Brexit party and centre right Tories still put party above country so would still vote Tory even if they are remainers.

Two party politics stinks. Corbyn played a blinder by sitting on the fence thinking somehow we could work out a compromise. Brexiteers are in no mood to compromise its an article of faith.

Labour needed to stand behind remain but are fearful there norther heartlands will desert them.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/sun-...scepticism-brexit-in-merseyside-study-claims/

Boycott of pro-Brexit Sun newspaper helped cut Euroscepticism in Merseyside, study claims

We have always had a predominantly RW print media - DM, Sun, Standard, Times, Telegraph, Star. News of the World.

Yes the current rhetoric is the people versus the political classes.
Its a Trump copy......

I'll give Boris credit for his strategic skills -ultimately we must remember Boris doesnt give a monkeys about Brexit or the will of the people -he is just playing his audience. What Boris wants is a long term a prime minister, which I would say is at odds with a no deal.

The chaos from no deal is not conducive to staying in power long, it would be hard to manage without a government collapse, protests, etc etc.

Sponsored Links
Great, someone has taken control of the completely out of control mess of the past three years. I am much happier now, that we will be moving forward at last.

we will be moving forward at last.

The Omnishambles moves faster.

After Buffoon achieves his unpopular no-deal or his unpopular unsatisfactory deal, or his unpopular revoke A50, we will immediately commence attempts to negotiate a better deal.

How many years do you think it will take?

Is "spending years trying to negotiate a deal" what brexers call "a clean break?"

Hopefully it’ll ****ing shut you up. You and all the others who were so cock sure it wouldn’t happen.

Harry also doesn't know any.

So that Harry, Mottie, Gasbag and Dum, all campaigning noisily for something with no advantages.

Great, someone has taken control of the completely out of control mess of the past three years. I am much happier now, that we will be moving forward at last.

Ha ha, thats what you think......whst little you know.

By the way the last 3 years has been a mess entirely due to Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back