Farewell to the old forum.

Happy so far. Shame about changing the THANK facility to a LIKE facility. Anything which starts to look like fecking Faceache puts me off.....
'Like', 'Thanks'? Does it really matter?

Sponsored Links
No JBR - it doesn't REALLY matter.......save for the reason I posted. Personal thing admittedly.

No JBR - it doesn't REALLY matter.......save for the reason I posted. Personal thing admittedly.
We did ponder the change to Like from Thanks. We considered changing it back to Thanks, but on reflection and with some feedback we decided Like is a bit more broad in its use. If someone want to go out of their way to express thanks it wouldn't be unusual to post a reply stating that. With the Like button it can apply to more circumstances many of which a post probably wouldn't be warranted.

Sponsored Links
We did ponder the change to Like from Thanks. We considered changing it back to Thanks, but on reflection and with some feedback we decided Like is a bit more broad in its use. If someone want to go out of their way to express thanks it wouldn't be unusual to post a reply stating that. With the Like button it can apply to more circumstances many of which a post probably wouldn't be warranted.

Just wanted to say thanks for the message DIYnot but had to say I like it instead ;)

Reminds me of each time I update something like a TV. More and more useless features. Most of which are unfathomable and never get used.

Why is there so much unused, blank, white space? If there was less of it, wouldn't need to save space by making us expand quotes.

Scroll, scroll, scroll, expand quote, scroll, scroll.

I need a lie down!

I have to disagree. I like the new forum format and I think, in time, most people will too when they have got used to it.
If there is too much white space, or if the text is too large, Ctrl and - will reduce things and may offer an improvement. With my eyes, though, I'll keep it big!

The old forum was starting to look very dated, which might well have put me off as new member, although there does appear to be quite a lot more 'dead space' on the new format.

Daniel

The old forum was starting to look very dated, which might well have put me off as new member, although there does appear to be quite a lot more 'dead space' on the new format.

Daniel
True, but it only seems to be like that for posts that contain one sentence. You know what that means - we'll all have to make each of our posts longer, so look out for even more nonsense from some of the posters in GSD!! :sneaky:

I can alway put the advert back on the right hand side if you'd like me to get rid of some space :LOL::evil: Joking aside, I think the non alternate colours for each post go someway to making it look a little roomier.

I can alway put the advert back on the right hand side if you'd like me to get rid of some space :LOL::evil: Joking aside, I think the non alternate colours for each post go someway to making it look a little roomier.

I think that might be what I don't like about it. On the old forum each post looked separate, whereas now it all tends to blend into one.

I have to say though that whoever was responsible for changing the forum and keeping it active did a fantastic job. It's a pity they don't work for Apple.

I think that might be what I don't like about it. On the old forum each post looked separate, whereas now it all tends to blend into one.

I have to say though that whoever was responsible for changing the forum and keeping it active did a fantastic job. It's a pity they don't work for Apple.
Good point. I can see the advantage of alternating colours, as in the old format, in differentiating between posts. Might its reinstatement be considered?

Sponsored Links
Back