Farmers Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that this talk of excessive paperwork and lorry queues is a myth. Nowhere in the world of business does anybody refuse a high value sale. Money talks and deals are done.

I posted this a few years ago, it was a letter to the Daily Telegraph from a Devon businessman.

SIR - I run and own two companies, one in the United States and one in Britain. We frequently ship products to and from countries all over the world under World Trade Organisation protocols, and experience no problems. The tariffs vary from zero to about 4 per cent.
We have to answer three questions. What the goods are; what we are charging for them; and what the country of origin is. It takes about two minutes to fill in the form on the internet when we book a shipment. All shipping agents provide this service. There are no delays.
I cannot understand why there is all this talk of chaos if we leave the EU without a deal.
and then there is a shortage of the goods to supply

where would you concentrate your supply ? Everywhere, or priority markets ?

it's not rocket science and it's not a trick question. It's basics of supply logistics

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you lead a lonely life, I feel sad for you. Imagine that, being surrounded by ****'s and you're the only one who knows the true state of the world. It must be awful.
That shows how little you know about the environment I work in, or the people I work with. Not everyone on sites is a right wing tw@t

Last edited by a moderator:
and then there is a shortage of the goods to supply

where would you concentrate your supply ? Everywhere, or priority markets ?
That doesn't make sense - please re-phrase it if you want me to reply.

It sounds like you lead a lonely life, I feel sad for you. Imagine that, being surrounded by ****'s and you're the only one who knows the true state of the world. It must be awful.
That struck me too, J&K grumbling about his workmates on here. Does he only want to speak to people with the same views?

Sponsored Links
Don't worry Andy, it makes sense; more than your reply would.

Last edited:
I'm sure that this talk of excessive paperwork and lorry queues is a myth. Nowhere in the world of business does anybody refuse a high value sale. Money talks and deals are done.
Food is generally not considered a high value item. Electronic components or whisky would be. The issue is that any vehicle sent here is probably going to be stuck waiting for customs clearance at Ashford from between 7 (about the shortest time I've seen published) and 90 hours plus. A vehicle waiting on a lorry park isn't earning money, whilst a lorry going through a customs post between, say, the Netherlands and Germany (zero
minutes, both ways) is. So, if you own trucks, where do you think you'd rather send them?

In the same vein, there are a lot of European truck drivers who simply won't come here any longer - the delights of Ashford and have had a left a very negative impression of the UK on them

I posted this a few years ago, it was a letter to the Daily Telegraph from a Devon businessman.
And what kind if business was that? I see no sign of that in your letter. No sign of whether it is a high value product. No sign of the size of the company, or of the type of product they sell. Any money they are a largish firm selling a product which contains components from a minimum of source countries and which is not a food product.

Against that I'll give you two examples from the media of firms which have lost out big time because of Brexit. These include the Old Dairy Brewery, (£600k down to £2k per annum exports to the EU) and The Cheshire Cheese Company whose owner eventually sold the business because he couldn't make it work any longer.

In both the cases I've given the businesses are named - in your instance the firm and the author of the letter are not. How believeable is that, then?

That struck me too, J&K grumbling about his workmates on here. Does he only want to speak to people with the same views?
No grumbles. Just a statement of fact based on experience. The few Daily Mail readers we have tend to be right wing tw@ts. Anyone would think you are a DM reader, Andy.

Alternatively, it could perfectly illustrate what a complete and utter **** you are defining your 'opposition' by the newspapers you might think they read in your left wing totalitarian dreams. **** me, what a nutter.
Sticks and stones, little man, sticks and stones....

Or are you, too, an avid DM reader? Seems possible

I think you're the man with small man syndrome, probably to do with an inferiority complex from your old man being a 'mirror' reader.
Why would I have an inferiority complex about that? Do you think I should be ashamed of my working class roots? What a peculiar outlook on life you seem to have. You seem to be trying to twist and weaponise my family. Now that is downright rude and ignorant. Are you sure you are not a Daily Mail reader?

Seems to me it's you who seems to be trying to get this thread shut down, little man. Maybe you've been there before? Perhaps a ban in the past? I don't know, but there's definitely something. Keep on trying, though, I'm sure you'll get there in the end. Or maybe I'll just get bored with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back