Fast / High recovery cylinder? Telford Typhoon?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to refit my bathroom.

I have a standard Potterton Profile 80e boiler (23kw) feeding an indirect hw system with vented cylinder. (as wellas heating the house via a closed presuurised ch system). Both are pumped. Currently two thermostatic showers are fed from this cylinder using a twin pump.

As well as the two showers I am now adding a bath/filler diverter concealed bath that requires minimum 1bar, therefore I am replcing the twin shower pump with a whole house pump to run the two showers and the bath.

Yes I am going to run out of hot water very quickly!!

I am thinking of upgrading the cylinder to a telford Typhoon (160ltr), which apparently recovers heat very quickly (30%) faster due to fins on the heat coil.

Any suggesting or experiences of this type of setup?

Thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=244619&start=30#ixzz1MDTmNnW0

Sponsored Links
there's more than just tank choice to consider. What about your storage tank in the loft? How much capacity does it have and how quickly does the mains refill it? Is there a risk the tank will run dry on high demand?
Also with high recovery cylinders, if it says it recovers in 20mins this is based on a perfect scenario, what heat rating is the coil, is their recovery time based on this full input being put through the coil? How is your system connected and wired ? For full benefit of high recovery cylinders you need to have 22mm uninterupted (no balancing valve) flow and return to the cylinder and the system needs wiring for hot water priority.

Hello,

Thanks for the rapid reply. I have just been speaking to my plumber. He suggests that I stay with a normal cylinder but a have an unvented instead of vented. Therefore save on purchase od pump to run two thermostatic showers and a bath / filler hand shower diverter. (They need minimum 1bar.

My incoming ch is presurised to 1.5bar, so I gues my incoming main is 1.5b.

We are used to pumped showers at the moment, Do you think we will see a drop in shower performance with an unvented system (hot water aside that is).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back