Fat parents arrested for bringing up fat kid.

Sponsored Links
If they arrest all the fat, Obese kids in the junior school over the road they could take twice as many pupils.

I'm with the parents responsibility

Sponsored Links
unless they were force feeding the kid...then no...you cant arrest them. you cant arrest someone for having crap genetics.

I know some of you cant get your head around this... but being obese for most people is a biochemical problem.

I would bet the kid has insulin resistance or has a type of Hyperinsulinemia.

I have no don't that parents could do much more for them self and the kid. treatment would be to let the kid eat as much low carb food as he can wants.. let him stuff him self. he will start to regain his nature feed back loop for how much he needs to eat.

sorry to burst any fat shaming bubbles....

Or just tell me your opinion.????? ;)

Not opinion. Fact.

IDK if you subscribe to the "fat people are fat because it is their fault" theory.

But it has now been proven to not be the case.

There are many many different genes responsible for overweight. Some people have only one or two some have several, some have many.

The more you have, the more likely you are to be overweight.

Some of these genes control how much food it takes to make you feel full. Others control to what degree you are attracted to the taste of fatty foods.

So, being born with enough of these "fat" genes makes you genetically pre-programmed to be fat.

You are immediately at a disadvantage to others who are born with fewer.

That's not to say it is impossible to lose weight and keep healthy, just that for people born with "fat" genes, it is more difficult.

I know some of you cant get your head around this... but being obese for most people is a biochemical problem.
Bull!

So, the people I saw eating cakes, biscuits and crisps all day long were fat for some other reason then eh?

Some of these genes control how much food it takes to make you feel full.
So feel hungry for a while. Some people are petrified of feeling hungry. I spend a large part of my life with this feeling. Get used to it.

Granted, there are a rare few who are unfortunate enough to be fat for some other reason. The majority are fat because they are greedy, lazy fekkars and try and hide behind the excuse that "it's because I was born this way".

it's come from america and all this bs about "accept me for who I am"

So if being fat is genetic, how come there are substantially more fat people than there used to be?

Evolution is supposed to take millions of years, so it's unlikely we'd have evolved an extra layer of lard in the last five or six decades.

Or if could just be the explosion of fast food style places selling cheap crap loaded with fat and sugar to make it taste good - indeed the availability of cheap food in general, and the increasingly sedientary lifestyle where kids are left to watch TV or play computer games indoors rather than having to go outside and play with their mates. (Insert sub-rant about dangers of kids on the streets in modern society here)

Plus the 'Mustn't call a digging implement a spade' brigade who tell us we must accept the overweight for who they are, because being mocked or thinking you're being mocked for being overweight is never an incentive to lay off the cakes...

It's no surprise that when you walk past the cake/biscuit, chocolate/sweets and pop isle in the supermarket they are also filled with fat jeans.

But how is it we can justify the cost of arresting fat people and not worry about the complaint of ten burglars in nosealls back garden (for example).

"I'm being burgled, get round here now"

"Sorry for the delay Sir, All units are currently squeezing fat people in the back of their vans."

I don't get it.

What exactly is your point?

Are you saying we should decide laws based upon the cost of enforcement, or give social workers arresting powers?

There are many many different genes responsible for overweight. Some people have only one or two some have several, some have many.

The more you have, the more likely you are to be overweight.

Some of these genes control how much food it takes to make you feel full. Others control to what degree you are attracted to the taste of fatty foods.

So, being born with enough of these "fat" genes makes you genetically pre-programmed to be fat.

You are immediately at a disadvantage to others who are born with fewer.

That's not to say it is impossible to lose weight and keep healthy, just that for people born with "fat" genes, it is more difficult.

I completely agree with all of this. Some people have a predisposition to being fat: I'm one of them!

However, this is only one side of the coin. We must accept that the easy availability of food today, especially fattening foods, must have a bearing on the current increase in obesity. Ectomorphs naturally resist, or are not attracted to, these unhealthy foods. Endomorphs, on the other hand, find their cravings are easily accommodated.

During and just after the Second World War, obesity was not a widespread problem: food was rationed and all the junk food we have today hadn't been 'invented' yet. Similarly, a few centuries ago the only fat people were the very rich: poor people couldn't afford to eat very much.

The answer is not so easy to determine though. Food rationing again? Making junk food very expensive whilst making healthy food cheap? Expecting people to have some common sense and to resist temptations?

I agree that it isn't possible to change people's metabolism, although there has been talk of 'medicines' that would do just that, but there will always be people who naturally predispose to obesity - unless some form of genetic engineering becomes acceptable!

I'm floating between 15.5 and 16 stone.

Never been over 13.5 in my life till I retired, the waste has gone from 32" to 46", Hormones or lack of exercise.

And for the record I eat about half that I did when working.

I wish I was floating - it would make getting around easier! ;)

I am trying to be careful what I eat, but 2+ years off work and a crippled foot plus arthritis and worn-out joints on my r/h/s are making walking difficult.

This is now a vicious circle, no exercise, increased weight, more strain on joints, increased difficulty in mobility, increased weight.....

I can't "weight" for my op. then I can get mobile again and lose weight and get fit and hopefully I will be back on track. It's not just physical of course, it's mental well-being as well. Frustration at being cooped up and limited as to what you can and can't do... :evil:

I'm in great pain with my right foot, so I was taking maximum doses of Ibuprofen and Co-codamol. But I started getting badly swollen feet, so stopped the Ibuprofen, now I have limited pain relief (which wasn't 100% even with the 'profen). It's interfering with my sleep, and I have sleep apnoea, so I'm not getting my nightly fix, so I am tired during the day and that does not help either.

Sponsored Links
Back