Faulty Caple oven...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help. I have had my Caple oven Model Code C2214 for just under 2 years. The problem started a few weeks ago. When I turn my oven on it starts ok, however, it goes off throughout my cooking process & comes back on in intervals. Can anyone advise what the problem may be? The winter is quickly coming in and I need my oven for hearty meals for the family!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
If its electric, it could be thermostat faulty, Thermal cut out if fitted, If single element faulty element.

If it's electric then that is what I would expect it to do. The stat cuts in and out to maintain a constant even temperature in the oven.

When you say "it goes off" do you mean the whole thing shuts down? Does it actually get up to full temperature (if you can tell)? What indicators do you get or loose when it does this?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for helping! Yes, it heats up fine, i'll then pop somthing in, it will "shut down" for a few moments then come back on. Last night it went of for ages. My husband pulled it out but all the wires etc lookd fine!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back