Faulty Meter?

it is possible for a disc meter to creep under the influence of the voltage coil only, during the checking/calibration this is one of the tests that it remains stationary

Sponsored Links
I've seen a few old disc type meters where the disc gradually creeps round whilst they are off load as the OP describes.

Give you supplier a call and I would have thought they'll swap it for you.

Thanks guys, can I just clarify if this only occurs when there is no load or does it happen 24/7?

In other words should my electricity usage/bills from the past year be reassessed?

Cheers,

Thanks guys, can I just clarify if this only occurs when there is no load or does it happen 24/7?

As I recall it doesn't add to consumption when the meter is under load.

The difficulty with re-assessing bills is proving when it started to creep as it would have been correct when originally installed.
(though if it is outside it's calibration period that could be taken into account

Sponsored Links
you need to remember one revolution will be something like 1 200th off a unit
you count the number off revolutions required to move the last red dial 0ne point [i have assumed 2 revolutions] you then count the red dials as these are fractions off a unit
so the last black number is a unit followed by the first red is 10ths off a unit second red is 100ths off a unit so it may be as little as one unit or less a day
or 15p a day or less

it could off course be quite a bit more but that requires the disc to fly round

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back