Favourite Christmas tipple?

How does American Whisky compare to Scotish Whiskey/Scotch?

I'm partial to a Jack Daniels. I realise this will appal whisky afficianados, but it's just an easy drinking, pleasant drink. Have visited the distillery in Lynchburg, Tenn where I discovered their Gentleman Jack which goes through the mellowing process twice (the smell from those charcoal mellowing vats was amazing). That is seriously nice whisky.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Was it an advert that they kept repeating or did they renew the advert all the time. Do you remember the "coffee" romance advert with nescafe? Will they get together or won't they? I never did find out if they ever got married

I cannot imagine anyone actually drinking Babycham other than at Xmas. I'm no expert, but I think it was repeated for a few Xmas's.

I vaguely recollect the coffee couple, but for me it was Lynda Belingham & her Oxo cubes that floated my boat.

I cannot imagine anyone actually drinking Babycham other than at Xmas. I'm no expert, but I think it was repeated for a few Xmas's. I vaguely recollect the coffee couple, but for me it was Lynda Belingham & her Oxo cubes that floated my boat.
She was lovely

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm partial to a Jack Daniels. I realise this will appal whisky afficianados, but it's just an easy drinking, pleasant drink. Have visited the distillery in Lynchburg, Tenn where I discovered their Gentleman Jack which goes through the mellowing process twice. That is seriously nice whisky.

You would probably get along well with a glass of Southern Comfort, which is also a wimmins drink.

Sponsored Links
I'm partial to a Jack Daniels. I realise this will appal whisky afficianados, but it's just an easy drinking, pleasant drink. Have visited the distillery in Lynchburg, Tenn where I discovered their Gentleman Jack which goes through the mellowing process twice (the smell from those charcoal mellowing vats was amazing). That is seriously nice whisky.
Do you drink that neat?

Oh, and if you want it chilled make sure to use stone blocks from the freezer, NOT ICE!

I have permission from the chief distiller at Dalwhinnie to put whatever I want in my whisky.

I made myself one of these years ago & have been offered £1000's for it in the past.

One of my mates made a batch of 10 on his works 5axis CNC & managed to make the ice ball look like a football. £1.5k each he got for 'em & the last he saw 2nd hand sold for over £2k.

You would probably get along well with a glass of Southern Comfort, which is also a wimmins drink.

I simply don't get this wimmin's or man's drink, or likewise they used to say it about cars. A drink is a drink, you either like it or not. Just back from spending a year working in Italy and the usual drink was wine. With a group of lads in the UK, in a pub, one dared me to have a glass of wine instead of my usual pint - which I did have.

I would though draw the line at Babycham. :)

I simply don't get this wimmin's or man's drink, or likewise they used to say it about cars. A drink is a drink, you either like it or not. Just back from spending a year working in Italy and the usual drink was wine. With a group of lads in the UK, in a pub, one dared me to have a glass of wine instead of my usual pint - which I did have. I would though draw the line at Babycham. :)
How did you find life living in Italy?

I have permission from the chief distiller at Dalwhinnie to put whatever I want in my whisky. I made myself one of these years ago & have been offered £1000's for it in the past.
One of my mates made a batch of 10 on his works 5axis CNC & managed to make the ice ball look like a football. £1.5k each he got for 'em & the last he saw 2nd hand sold for over £2k.

That looks impressive but does the shape of the ice impact the taste of the drink somehow or is this all superficial aesthetics? I do prefer the look of the spherical ice it's very minimalist

That looks impressive but does the shape of the ice impact the taste of the drink somehow or is this all superficial aesthetics? I do prefer the look of the spherical ice it's very minimalist

A perfectly spherical ice cube is what you want if you feel the need to put ice in your whisky.

I feel the need.

My most favourite woman, that I have never ever shagged, can tell the difference between any whisky put before her. She is famous for also knowing its exact temperature. Spherical ice cube makers sell very well in the markets that haven't yet been subjected to the nonsense of whisky drinking like most of us Europeans have.

There is a breed of people who consider whisky much like the gobshoites who consider wine.

We should be kept apart.

Sponsored Links
Back