Favourite Monty Python line/sketch ......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C'mon you lot....

Mines ... "I may be blind but I have acute hearing"

"I don't want to hear about ya jewelry cloth face".

Blind Pew (John Cleese)

Sponsored Links
C'mon you lot....

Mines ... "I may be blind but I have acute hearing"

"I don't want to hear about ya jewelry cloth face".

Blind Pew (John Cleese)

I'm traditional, gotta be the Dead Parrot...the "And now for something completely different" Version.

That's really difficult. The vast majority of their sketches were, IMO, absolutely brilliant so not sure I could pick just one. I'll have to give that one some more thought.

My favourite Python though was Michael Palin :D

I cut down trees and eat my lunch and go to the lavatory,on Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea,I'm a lumberjack and i'm ok.
Michael Palin was the best python.

Sponsored Links
Some of mine in no particular order...

Argument.
Dead Parrot.
Spanish Inquisition.
Lumberjack Song.
Spam.
Nudge Nudge Wink Wink.
Sit on my face. (always a favourite! :evil:)
The Killer Joke.
The Four Yorkshire men.
Fish Licence.

To refresh some memories have a look here for a basic list of some of the classic sketches.

And in my list above I never even mentioned some of the brilliant parts from the movies!

French Taunting...

The Black Knight...

"He's not the Messiah". I was particularly taken with 'Judith' in this scene... :p

Anyone seen Spamalot? What did you think?

Oh and what Is your favourite MP Film?

I cut down trees and eat my lunch and go to the lavatory,on Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea,I'm a lumberjack and i'm ok.
Michael Palin was the best python.
I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa

One of the most brilliant spinoffs was a 9 episode series done by Michael Palin after python ceased in the late 1970's, called Ripping Yarns.

All the stories were different and unrelated, but all done in the Boys Own style of boys comic of the 1930's and 40's.

My favorite two of the nine are

the pilot episode , 'Tomkinsons Schooldays'
Favorite line ' I was nine miles from Graybridge when i was caught by the School Leopard'

and a bit of dialogue between Tomkinson and and teacher in the Model Club after school:

"Whats that, Tomkinson?"

"Its a model Ice breaker, Sir"

" Its a bit big for a model isnt it"?

"Yes sir, its fill size Sir, its got three engines and.."

"Well if its full size its not a model, is it, boy"

"No Sir"

"There will be a hell of a stink if this comes out a Speech Day Exhbition, but i wont say anything if you can get it down to a maximum of say..100 feet by tonight"

And my other favorite is 'Golden Gorden', a tale of footbal in a northern town in 1932.

Barnstoneworth United. Yorkshire Premier League, 1927:
Hagerty F
hagerty R
Thompson
Noble
Carrick
Robson
Crapper
Dewhurst
Tredmore
Davitt
Macintyre

Eeee by 'eck., Kenny Davitt, fastest legs 'int West Yorkshire.

and look at this, This has to be the funniest sketch about football shorts ever written

There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not.

Sponsored Links
Back