Felt roof leaking and sink in - need advice

Impossible for me to say mate - but there's hardly a days work there and up here, we pay between £120 and £160 per day for a tradesman, materials extra.
You do need professional advice about that flue though to keep it safe - for you and your insurers!
If you get it done properly you can forget about it for the near future, and the property does seem to be in good nick from what we can see.
John :)

Sponsored Links
OP,
Dont waste money on getting someone to "fix" anything to the roof. By next march you might need to have the fix fixed. In no time you will have wasted the cost of a new roof on hit & miss fixes.

If a surveyor missed whats in the pic then you have a clear cut case for getting a new roof out of them - no sweat.

But, first, you have to get a GSI out to give a view on the boiler etc.

How does that work, a surveyor missed that and we could get a new roof out of them?

You'll find that any sort of surveyor - for a mortgage or otherwise - will have many a get out clause so they aren't liable, and small works such as yours are negligible anyway.
An example....on one property I bought, I was advised that some work could be necessary and would cost around £300 - the mortgage provider was informed. I knew that was a joke and the work cost much more (£1500 in 1986.) No liability was admitted as ' a full inspection wasn't possible' -no surprise there then :eek:
The last property I bought (2009) was for cash. Solicitors said I needed paperwork to confirm new windows, cavity insulation, oil tank installation, the works. I couldn't provide such assurance, and neither could the seller but for the payment of £200 all this could be waived - again, no surprise!
They have you all ways.
John :)

Sponsored Links
By doing what you did when you took the pic - the surveyor should have looked out of the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back