ferroli oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just trying to clean out my old ferroli oil boiler, the top panel on the boiler can be removed tho the baffles cannot be removed for cleaning in this boiler so i was just wondering can the front panel be removed on this boiler aswell because im trying to get in at it to clean it tho boiler stat is on the front panel. does anyone have any experence with servicing this boiler thanks

Sponsored Links
Its probably one of a very few!

Who has serviced it in the past?

Perhaps a call to Ferroli might identify a service agent who knows them?

Tony

I used to get a plumber down the road to service it but i was told he was not very good so i took the burner out of the boiler to have a look in and it was full or dirt and it was the same when i removed the top panel all your man used to do was change the nozzle and hang round out in the shed for an hour and then charge 70 quid :oops: So i was trying to give it a good clean myself but the front panel does not seem to be able to be removed only the top panel comes off and baffles cant be removed, i was just wondering has anyone have any experence with this type boiler

Are you sure the baffles aren't just stuck in with carbon etc? Often they can be very stubborn. Don't know this boiler though.

John :)

Sponsored Links
I dont think the Ferroli oil has baffles, it has vertical flueways in the Cast iron sections which have fins cast to restrict the flue pass, you need a scrapping tool and a very thin flue brush the only access is from the top, and though the combustion chamber door (having removed the oil burner)

They are Nasty things to clean and best done frequently as if blocked can be very difficult!! ;)

P.S. you arn't near Harlow Essex by chance?

Yep it just has cast iron flueways now that i look into it, very unusual no baffles (crap boiler) so thin flue brush to clean it then, could a hole be drilled in the top ascess panel for flue gas analysis as for the flue looks very old and made of some sort of cement like what down pipes off old guttern are made of. No not near harlow essex why?

Oh yes DO NOt Drill the ASBESTOS - Cement Flue!!!!!!

You can drill a hole in the top plate for FGA, but remember to plug it with a Bolt or similar afterwards ;)

No bother drill into the top access panel it is so. Thanks for all your advice. Just one more thing my brother has gerkros cosyman 90 indoor oil boiler and he got it serviced but the engineer said he could not do a flue gas analyses because the flue was just a 90 degree bend out of the top of the boiler cast iron i think, not stainless steel anyway and went straight into the wall and up the chimney so the engineer could not do a flue gas analyses unless he got up on the roof and there was no test point on the boiler what would you recommend to do for a flue gas analyses in this situation? the access panel is on the front of the boiler tho

Its often possible to find somewhere to drill a hole for an FGA. With the right drill you can make a hole in cast iron.

Before the days of FGAs you could set it up based on the colour of the flame !

Tony

What about drill a hole in the access cover on the front of the boiler, drill it near to the top of the boiler as possible or would that be to close still to the burner? Because on the ferroli you can drill the top access plate for a FGA. its just that my brother asked for his boiler cause he was told that it was not possible

Does the Jerkoff Coyman not have a factory fitted test plug on the access door? i'm not overly familiar with these irish rascals, but if not it should be possible to drill the flue, Idon't like the sound of a 90'bend so close to the boiler though! :confused:

No test point on the door, drill the cast iron flue i suppose then. yea its just a 90 bend straight off the top of the boiler and through the wall and up the chimney, why what might be wrong with that?

It would be better to drill the flue but if ya want drill the front access plate as close to the top of the boiler as possible if ya want, i see no problem why not bud. Oh and two bits of alumimum foil tape over the hole or plug the hole wit a suitable bolt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back