Few downlights not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, recently bought a new place a few of the downlights in the kitchen don't seem to work, even though I've changed the bulbs.

I'm assuming it's the transformer that needs replacing. It appears each light has a small black transformer attached but nothing of note that tells me which type of transformer I need. Can anyone help?

I've attached a picture of a label attached to the metal bracket on the transformer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 192
Sponsored Links
If you've got a local electrical wholesaler ask them for some 20W/60W transformers. Before you do that have a close look at the wire into the lampholders, the bit where you push in the pins on the lamps. Often happens with the 12V lamps that the wires degrade from the heat generated by the halogen lamps, and even though the wire doesn't burn through there's enough resistance to stop the 12V power. If you've got several transformers to buy might be worth spending a bit extra and replacing the light fittings with LED units.

Surely the transformer is further up the cable than that bracket?! Check in the ceiling hole!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back