ffs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This guy spent £1000's on a home cinema/office in an old barn. Had an electrician wire some sockets up.

Whats missing? :evil:

And that T+E tail on the right looks a bit shoddy.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Earthing of backboxes? Because I know everyone who uses this site does this :LOL:

This guy spent £1000's on a home cinema/office in an old barn. Had an electrician wire some sockets up.

Whats missing? :evil:

Surge protection, filtering, terrestrial, satellite, cable, network.. What's not missing?

I've no reason to think they have been wired wrong in terms of ring / spur, but yes, grommets are missing. It just looks a bit crappy. It would look so much better done in singles with plastic conduit between the boxes.

I'd imagine 20mm conduit between the boxes will make plasterboarding awkward.
Also, no regard for safe zones for the supply cable (unless of course the cable is 50mm deep from either side..)

I suspect that it is - the Celotex must surely be over 50mm thick, and that timber looks like 89 x 38 CLS.

Interestingly I can't see any fixing for the bottom RH noggin that the back boxes are on, but the top one has just one screw/nail - presumably it's going to rely on the faceplates being clamped tightly to the plasterboard to stop the whole lot rocking back and forth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back