Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Cambelt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Without wanting to fag up that other thread any further, a quick thanks to Motman for this useful post (And this one) Job's a good 'un. I did use the locking tools in the end which involved taking the rocker cover off, however after installation of the new parts and several engine rotations everything lined up as it should without loosening the cam sprockets, so I didn't bother doing that. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Talking about cam belts, on my clean Renault there is a label on the air filter saying:-

Gates: 43,669m

O Powergrip

O Micro-V

Now neither of the tick boxes have been filled in!

Why would a mechanic not say which belt it was? I think the first is cam and the second the accessory belt.

It has done 91k now and I really would love to know which belt it was!

I guess you can assume that the timing belt was done at 43669, but the micro v hasn't.......70k is about right for these, I've found.
Easy enough to do yourself - its a spring loaded tensioner.
John :)

Is this a Scenic? The one I rebuilt the head on a couple of years ago, a K4M iirc, wasn't a spring loaded tensioner, it had the fixed two prongs and movable pointer. Easy enough to do but it did need a mirror to check the position of the pointer.

Sponsored Links
The only thing I can remember about this one is that it was a 16v, and once the tensioner was undone an allen key was used to swing the thing out of the way....don't even recall the age of the car, but it was silver :eek:
John :)

Back