Fighting Back

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 18243

There's a story in the news today about bus drivers refusing to pick up asylum seekers. If it is true, I say good for them!

We only have one political party to vote for, the conlablibgreensnp uniparty, and if we don't like what they are imposing on us, tough - there is nobody else to vote for. Most of the population accept this lying down, but some ask: "What can we do?".

Small acts of defiance are what we can do, like these bus drivers are doing. Of course, the drivers are likely to be made an example of, made to apologise profusely and then despite the apologies demonised for the rest of their lives.

But this is the answer. Refuse, fight back, don't take it. It's all about numbers; if enough people stand up the authority of the authorities will crumble.

Sponsored Links
Its really difficult to get the hang of what did or did not happen. I don't often use the bus, but guess they no longer take cash? I can't see how a bus driver refusing a cash fare is a hate incident (whatever those are supposed to be).

Its really difficult to get the hang of what did or did not happen. I don't often use the bus, but guess they no longer take cash? I can't see how a bus driver refusing a cash fare is a hate incident (whatever those are supposed to be).
It seems pretty clear to me:
Payment in cash is accepted.
You can pay on the bus with cash, contactless or a debit or credit card. We're happy for you to use all major debit and credit card providers, like Visa, MasterCard.

In addition I would have thought that all buses now have CCTV (and dash cams?), A quick look at that will sort the issue. Or maybe the police were not too bothered about sorting the issue.

Sponsored Links
It isn't unlawful to discriminate against an asylum seeker. I suspect that is why the police' hands were tied.

I know there is a sprint to the UK, but are asylum seekers a race now?

It isn't unlawful to discriminate against an asylum seeker. I suspect that is why the police' hands were tied.

I know there is a sprint to the UK, but are asylum seekers a race now?
It is unlawful to discriminate on the grounds of race/ethnicity, and it's highly likely that an asylum seeker would not be a UK indigenous person. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Woody is aware of that. However, this doesn't appear to be the situation here.

A female bus driver was spat at and verbally abused. Anybody apprehended?
If you proffer a note it's not uncommon for bus drivers to say they have no change.
They don't like carrying cash for obvious reasons.

It is unlawful to discriminate on the grounds of race/ethnicity, and it's highly likely that an asylum seeker would not be a UK indigenous person. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Woody is aware of that. However, this doesn't appear to be the situation here.

Two asylum seekers waiting for the bus on Monday claimed the bus often drove past them when it was not full. One of them, a 35-year-old Iranian man, said: “I feel terrible when that happens. It makes me feel very unwelcome.” A young man from Eritrea, who was on his way to an English lesson, added: “It seems very unfair.”
From andy11's link, They were clearly not indigenous, so they were discriminated on the basis of ethnicity.
To argue that they were discriminated because they were asylum seekers, and not because they were a different ethnicity is blatantly wrong anyway.
Refugees, asylum seekers and migrants are not named specifically in the Act, but they are directly protected under the characteristic of ‘race’ as it is illegal to discriminate against people because of their colour, their nationality (including citizenship), and their ethnic origins and national origins. Thus not only people currently waiting for a decision on their request for asylum and people with ‘Refugee Convention’ status, but also any person who has come through the asylum process and been given any form of ‘Leave to Remain’ by the Home Office (from now on all included as ‘refugee’) plus ‘failed’ asylum-seekers and ‘undocumented’ migrants are protected.

It says it in the article.
You not lived in a big city ?bus drivers drive past if there's a chance they might get their head caved in. Self preservation I think it goes under the heading of.

[QUOTE="Pat ex, post: 5318183, member: 301239"

The web site clearly says that you can pay cash.
[/QUOTE]
The getting every one to use a card is an area gaining pace since lockdown. Grubby money passes on disease, surely you know the script.

The web site clearly says that you can pay cash.

The getting every one to use a card is an area gaining pace since lockdown. Grubby money passes on disease, surely you know the script.
If your boss advertises that your customers can pay cash, you need to take it up with your boss, if you don't want to comply. You can't unilaterally refuse to accept cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back