Filling up the cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
moved into new house last year.
decided to fit a new sink.
went to fit waste and noticed that there was no air flow from the waste, even though the pipe just went horizontal and not down to gulley (at this time) and it was blowing a gale.
looked through pipe. looked dark... no prob i think..its night time.
shine a torch through pipe. cant see anything..... odd i think...
go out side and look back through pipe... hmm.. it looks blocked...

poke a long screw driver through waste from outside... hits something hard.. push really hard.. ahh ha . i can now see through into the house.

go back into house to find a big hole in the new dry lined (the wall was really damp) wall. :?: :?: :?:

poke big screwdriver back through waste pipe really hard... go out side find big hole in the render.

turns out the previous owner's sink was connected to the waste pipe.. which then ran into the cavity.. but not out. this inturn filled the cavity until it overflowed out the hight waste outside.... :eek: :eek:

and i thought the kitchen wall had rising damp!
dont ask me how much c$%p was in the wall.. not to think how much soap and fluff... ewwwww...

how can people be so dumb.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
?
i dread to think what the condition of the bricks are like. 1900's house with lime mortars which has been rendered over..
if i dont post here again its gos the kitchen wall has collapsed...

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is there a reduction available on your water bill for not discharging so much grey water into the system? :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back