Finally getting rid of Baxi Barcelona

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After 10 visits from BG on the Baxi nightmare I have decided not to put my family through this for any longer. (3 month old baby girl)
Can anyone give me a realistic price for an installation of a condensing boiler.
I am thinking vaillant, viessman, bosch. Should I be considering any other makes
How long does a boiler install take?
Thanks in advance

cold and pi**ed off with bg engineers

Steve

Sponsored Links
I think Bg do a combi swap for about 1900...for a worcester greenstar I think

I've been quoted over 2,600 by bg which includes discounts (original quote 3,222)
considering the boiler they were going to fit costs at the most 800 quid I'm sure that they are taking the p*ss

It would depend a lot whether the condensing combi could go in the same position, bearing in mind the recommendations about location of terminals, and whether existing installation is kosher - e.g. proper condensate drain. If so something under £2000 would be reasonable, assuming £800 for boiler. Note that system needs careful flushing and cleaning to protect new boiler which can be time consuming.

Sponsored Links
stevendubya said:
I've been quoted over 2,600 by bg which includes discounts (original quote 3,222)
considering the boiler they were going to fit costs at the most 800 quid I'm sure that they are taking the p*ss

Ask if you qualify for a combi xpress, that may be applicable if the boiler is not at height, vertically flued and in the same location as the original. Much cheaper but arranged by the engineer not the salesman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back