Finished tile height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I will need to fit my kitchen before my floor is finished. The floor is new and has been Flo screed so is flat. I have 8.5mm tiles to put down. Can anyone give me some advice as to the rough finished tile height so I can adjust my units accordingly.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Most modern kitchen units have screw legs to adjust the height.
I would assume that if you have 12mm clear uyou'd be ok?

Tile the WHOLE floor before fitting the kitchen.
You won't regret spending a few pounds more for extra tiles.

It's not the costs, just the timings for trades etc. But if it is that much better doing the whole thing then I will just wait. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It's not the costs, just the timings for trades etc. But if it is that much better doing the whole thing then I will just wait. Thanks!
Trust me, an extra day for a proper job is a well spent day.

They can remove up to the front legs and if necessary even lift one leg at the time and remove all.

Remove all under a 600 deep unit? That's a tough job.

From personal experience it's far easier to fit afterwards and then fit plinths and end panels to suit finished height

Remove all under a 600 deep unit? That's a tough job.

From personal experience it's far easier to fit afterwards and then fit plinths and end panels to suit finished height

Yes, for bodgers that's the cheap way.
For professionals not trying to undercut the "other side of the world" traders, tiling the whole floor before fitting the cabinets is almost a must.

BTW, my answer was in response to you asking how to remove tiles from under the cabinets in case some wise people decided to replace just the tiles with kitchen cabinets still in place.

BTW, my answer was in response to you asking how to remove tiles from under the cabinets in case some wise people decided to replace just the tiles with kitchen cabinets still in place.

I've never known a customer ask for the kitchen to be removed to redo the floor tiling yet.

Each to their own but from experience the hard way I'd now always do flooring afterwards.

In the end I waited and had the tiling done first. The legs of my corner larder were fixed at 150mm so I didn't want any nasty surprises. I can never afford to do the tiling or kitchen again anyway, so shouldn't matter!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back