Finishing border with plastic strip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm currently tiling a bathroom where two sides will only be tiled halfway up the wall with a border to finish.

This is the border

b0ee_3.JPG

Should i use a finishing strip on the border or would this look odd?

M4341_1_SOFT%20CREAM%209MM.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hey I've got those in me en-suite :LOL: ; in the shower area they have large format tiles either side but around the sink I’ve left them open. Personaly I don’t like plastic trim (or any sort of trim) much, I think it looks cheap & very often the wrong size is used & it looks a real bodge. I do fit trim if a customer insists but generally I like to bevel cut the tiles on external corners & leave the top of the run open. Probably a personal choice but I think it looks better open but if you’re not convinced I can probably post a pic later if you wish.

i'd liek to see the pics if you get the chance to post it. The borders look really nice, and they are cheap! 1.69 per strip!

Sponsored Links
we was gonna get that border, got the other type with triangular things lol, from wickes right? we used the silver strip for boarder that sets it off m8 :) had pack of 10 or 12 from screwfix but price was about £50

I've added you but still can't see the pics, same error "permission denied"!

I've added you but still can't see the pics, same error "permission denied"!
Don't know what's wrong then unless it's to do with the current DIYnot server problems; you could try asking Admin if it’s anything to do with it as my profile settings are “open” so as far as I’m aware, anyone should be able to see my albums except those on my ignore list.

I’ve got to go on a job now & won’t be back till Sunday PM so don’t have time to try to sort it but let me know how you get on.

I got in to see them no problem. I even had time for a wash and a shave in the sink,,,, oh,, and i used the last of your Joop aftershave Rich,,, sorry. :LOL:

Well I finally sorted the album setting; still not sure why it had a default private setting. :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back