fire back boiler

jgt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi every one just joined, it appears that their are a load of heating guys out their. can you help. i wish to install a stove with a fire back boiler and heat my already existing radiators etc, Im a builder and have access to lots of timber etc, please advise. p. s. No comments about carbon footprint, envirement etc, i dont give a xxxx
cheers jules

Sponsored Links
dont mind Agile, by his own admission he has no sense of hummer. :)

i assume the existing rads are heated by something.

what sort of advice do you need ?

you haven't asked a question yet.

Sponsored Links
dont mind Agile, by his own admission he has no sense of hummer. :)

i assume the existing rads are heated by something.

what sort of advice do you need ?

you haven't asked a question yet.

THANX FOR REPLY, no probs about agi, it takes all sorts, any way, i have at the moment a floor mounted combi which is quite old which of course heats my rads,i like most am trying to save the queens shilling by putting in a real fire /stove to hopefully heat water /rads etc, are their regs re chimney recess etc is it a viable option, like to know thoughts of feasibility, regards jules

I thought that wood burners were regarded as carbon neutral... You can always grow another tree and it will turn all your CO2 back in to wood.. So the enviropolice will hug you and want to have your babies....Eugh

yes it is possible, but could prove to be expensive to have installed.

there are others on this site that know far more about this than me.

I thought that wood burners were regarded as carbon neutral... You can always grow another tree and it will turn all your CO2 back in to wood.. So the enviropolice will hug you and want to have your babies....Eugh

enviropolice crossed with a mucky ol builder mmmmmmmmmmm.

Plenty of reg's for solid fuel too unfortunatly!

What fuel tye is your combi?

Do you intend combining the 2 systems to work together, replace the existing with the solid fuel or running 2 seperate systems?

Sam

Plenty of reg's for solid fuel too unfortunatly!

What fuel tye is your combi?

Do you intend combining the 2 systems to work together, replace the existing with the solid fuel or running 2 seperate systems?

Sam

gas , hope to run on timber only , cheers jules

Do a google on Dunsley Neutraliser, a thing you can use to use two heat sources if that's what you want to do.

Loads of stuff about on woodburners.

I don't worry for a moment about the planet - it'll be here long after we're all gone.

Do a google on Dunsley Neutraliser, a thing you can use to use two heat sources if that's what you want to do.

Loads of stuff about on woodburners.

I don't worry for a moment about the planet - it'll be here long after we're all gone.

thanx, all helps

Presumably you will want to keep installation costs to a minimum (your a builder after all! :LOL: )

You can buy wood burning combi's but your looking at £5k just for the boiler and are hard to source in the UK.

So realistically your going to be looking at a wood burning boiler and maybe fire with cylinder and CWS and F&E tanks in loft? Sealed systems should not be used for this set up.

Firstly plastic pipe cannot be used with solid fuel so copper is your best bet. You'll need new controls (pump, zone valves etc)
Also you will have to take into consideration dissapating any excess heat you may have when the heating demand is low via a heat leak radiator or similar. This can be a bit of a pain in the summer and should be taken into account when re designing your heating system.

In my opinion the initial outlay on installation may put you off as it is not a simple case of boiler out , new boiler in?

Hope that helps, Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back