Fire in Lounge, soon to be a bedroom.

Would have thought fire would now be AR as op is going to make the lounge into a permanent bedroom.

Would be ok if fire has a ASD and is under 14kw gross {12.75 net}

I'm unsure how permanent the situation will be, I haven't spoken to the customer myself yet. I'm also 100% sure the fire has no ASD, infact it may not even have a thermocouple! I'll have a look on survey.

Sponsored Links
If the fire was fitted before 1996 then it's ncs unless its rented accommodation in which case its AR although if the room is only a temporary bedroom its ncs again.
That would work if it was a bedroom in those days. Changing the use of the room to a bedroom would be the same as installing a fire in an existing bedroom.
But regardless of the legal nitpicking, if the proverbial brown stuff hits the fan, the installer is the one who finds himself in court. I would not put my name under an openflued fire in a bedroom, temporary or permanent, safety device or not.

I'm unsure how permanent the situation will be, I haven't spoken to the customer myself yet. I'm also 100% sure the fire has no ASD, infact it may not even have a thermocouple! I'll have a look on survey.
How much money is it going to make you to sign it off as ok? How much trouble will you be in if it goes wrong? That will be a manslaughter trial. :eek:
No-brainer to me.

If the fire was fitted before 1996 then it's ncs unless its rented accommodation in which case its AR although if the room is only a temporary bedroom its ncs again.
That would work if it was a bedroom in those days. Changing the use of the room to a bedroom would be the same as installing a fire in an existing bedroom.
But regardless of the legal nitpicking, if the proverbial brown stuff hits the fan, the installer is the one who finds himself in court. I would not put my name under an openflued fire in a bedroom, temporary or permanent, safety device or not.

100% agree

Sponsored Links
How much money is it going to make you to sign it off as ok? How much trouble will you be in if it goes wrong? That will be a manslaughter trial. :eek:
No-brainer to me.

That's exactly what I said in a previous post. :)

Can understand where everyone is coming from but the trend of categorizing everything as one degree more than it is to 'cover your arse' just makes a mockery of the whole unsafe situations catagories.

If you are really worried give the job to a mate and get the customer to tell him its been used as a bedroom since 1995....there ya go ncs 100%

Can understand where everyone is coming from but the trend of categorizing everything as one degree more than it is to 'cover your a**e' just makes a mockery of the whole unsafe situations catagories.

maybe you wanna have a word with some of your colleagues then!

Can understand where everyone is coming from but the trend of categorizing everything as one degree more than it is to 'cover your a**e' just makes a mockery of the whole unsafe situations catagories.

maybe you wanna have a word with some of your colleagues then!

That's the trouble Micky, they are covering their backsides from their own company and just condemning everything to protect themselves....utter madness. Trouble is it's across the board aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back