Fire Rated Brick Repair Filler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know of a brick repair filler that can be used to tidy up some damaged brick faces inside a newly reopened chimney hearth?

The opening is double-sided (two walls, straight through) and will have a wood burner, not an open fire.

I'm hoping to avoid digging out the offending bricks to replace if possible.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I intend to chase out the old cracked mortar and repoint it all with fire-rated cement, but first I need to fix the visible faces of bricks that have been cut in half or damaged as I took out the back of the hearth.

You won't get anything to match, so if you are not going to gob it up with mortar, you'll need to replace the brick.

Sponsored Links
Of course you could try mortar with some dye in it, or even some additional black dye spots to mimic soot staining, and smudge some on the adjacent brick to blend it in.

Do you reckon a dyed 'standard' mix would do the trick, or would I have to dye a heat-resistant/fire-rated mortar?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back