Fire Sprinkler System

And each of those items is quality (as much as anything is nowdays)? No ebay/amazon knockoff chargers etc?

Sponsored Links
Many would expect sprinklers in a domestic situation to be overkill unless there was a very specific need. I tend to agree.

Good fire prevention and early warning is most likely the better solution. Alarms, ensuring the electrics are all safe etc. Extinguisher on hand.

If you wanted that extra bit of protection. These could be a neat solution.

https://simplyextinguishers.co.uk/automatic-extinguishers/

Self contained, cheap, and can be placed in an area of concern. They may be an ideal solution if you want to be over cautious.

I also remember reading, somewhere sometime, that mains fed sprinkler systems have to have ongoing maintenance due to the water stagnating in the pipes, as there is the chance of legionnaires developing. Although the risks may be low. It's something to check-up on (I may be wrong on this last point, as I can't remember where I saw it.)
I am planning to order a couple of these. One above the cooker and one probably near the consumer unit. Will check that the extinguisher is suitable for these type of fires.
Perhaps one on the exit route out of the annexe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back