Firefox8 gas woodburner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pilot lights but when i turn stove on .it goes out straight away..... Help.....

Sponsored Links
Typically this is caused by a faulty thermocouple.....the pilot light needs to heat the thermocouple up to keep the gas supply running.
If the thermocouple doesn’t have the pilot light flame playing on it, you get the fault you have.
John :)

Pilot lights but when i turn stove on .it goes out straight away..... Help.....
When you say "pilot lights" does it stay on when you let go of the control?....if yes..it is not the thermocouple

Still not sorted... Plumber has put new valve and flue reducer. Turn it on .pilot comes on. Put it on high. And it all goes out after about 30 secs.

Sponsored Links
I take it's is just gas fueled and has would be ceramic/false wood??

If it is going out after 30 secs then it's probably one of the safety features of the fire that's shutting it down, there are 2 on that model I think or it's not getting adequate ventilation. You need someone that is gas safe and has experience with these to look at it, please don't use it till it's been serviced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back