Fireplace wall very hot

Sponsored Links
Company is he hetas registered. I do appreciate the help, but it shows the various opinionsizes out there.

Sponsored Links
Contact the installers again, and point out what you now "think" the problem might be, and give them a description of the localised heating; if they still ignore the problem, then contact Hetas themselves, and get their opinion. 01684 278170

Company is he hetas registered. I do appreciate the help, but it shows the various opinionsizes out there.

Neither Bernard or Doggit(who has an opinion on everything he has no experience of:rolleyes:) are registered to install heat producing appliance for a living. One of them is registered as special needs though.

And one has just had a log burner and flue installed in a thatched cottage so that one has done a lot of research about flues and the heating that is acceptable ( i.e. safe ) in the brick work of the chimney.

Whilst the other one actually installed 2 himself under a building control notice, so also had to learn how to do it. I wonder what the third one does Bernard.

Essentially, the flue liner connects to the rear of the stove on its shoulder, and you then push the stove into the opening. In this case, I suspect there's been too much liner left hanging down the chimney, and it's been pushed up against the front of the chimney breast as the stoves gone into place.

Essentially, the flue liner connects to the rear of the stove on its shoulder, and you then push the stove into the opening. In this case, I suspect there's been too much liner left hanging down the chimney, and it's been pushed up against the front of the chimney breast as the stoves gone into place.

I thought as much............you're clueless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back