Firewall for Laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new laptop (Toshiba) and have installed NOD32. I have been reading some of the replies about Firewalls, my laptop is using Windows Firewall. Should I install another firewall or is this sufficient.
Found this site the other day when I had a problem with my boiler. Lots of advice, some good some bad. I am a retired service engineer (Bosch,Neff & Siemens) and have enjoyed looking at the appliance section.
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
nearlypastit said:
...have installed NOD32.
Forgive me - what is NOD32?

Should I install another firewall or is this sufficient.
No. The XP SP2 firewall is an adequate personal firewall. The better solution is always a separate router-cum-firewall, but that's another expense that you might not be able to justify.

If you Google NOD32 it will give you all the information. It was recommended by a local computer repair shop.
I am using a D-Link Router.

If the D-Link router incorporates a firewall then you can turn off the XP firewall.

If you like, you could tell me which D-Link model it is, then I can tell you whether or not it does.

Sponsored Links
If the D-Link router incorporates a firewall then you can turn off the XP firewall.

If you like, you could tell me which D-Link model it is, then I can tell you whether or not it does.

Yup - that has a firewall, unless someone has turned off NAT.

Just double check the IP address of your PC - if it's 192.168.xxx.xxx then you can turn off the XP firewall.

The less software you have running concurrently on your machine the better.

Sponsored Links
Back