First Fix

we better not put them under floor boards either. someone may put a nail or screw through them there. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
There had been no mention of what sort of pipe or size that was going to be used when I first replied :rolleyes:

I just gave general advice assuming op had neither floors or ceilings fitted.

Ok voiceof mysteron. What is the maximum run and rad size at the end of it... If it is a normal size extension i bet runs wil be far too long from existing manifold. I have installed it ,and cut god knows how many manifolds out to clear blockages so i am with Dan on this.. Better to tee in before manifolds and run as much as you can in 22mm copper reducing to 15mm for each rad.. ..That way rad will heat better and not struggle.Before new floors go down..
How many extra rads are you putting onto system are you putting extra bathroom/toilet/sinks in. As wastes are better done before ceilings /floors are in

The number of microbore systems I've had to clear is enough to make me not to want to bother.

And you are quite right VOTM. I have fitted not one microbore system. that doesn't mean I don't know how they work, or how to work on them. In fact I changed a S-planned Kingfisher over to a Combi with twin entry microbore system et al just a few weeks ago. The cheque was banked this morning. The fact that the old pipes are possibly leaking is another reason for me not to want to work on anymore of these things than I have to. But that will be a fun Friday afternoon checking ceilings and inspecting under carpets.

Now, if you would kindly pheck off until you have either another pointless criticism or maybe god forbid something helpful to say we would be very grateful.

I have noticed you are a one post pony.

Sponsored Links
Actually its been incredibly good week so far a few annoying call backs to do tomorrow and Friday; but:

Second 22" monitor arrvied this morning for me PC so thats cool,

Driving Licence came back from the cozzers with only three points added (thought I was getting a ban)

Financial advisor (a very tasty morsal ;)) came this morning and sorted us out a new 25 year fixed deal.

New van got its delivery date yesterday and got booked into the Coachworks for new racking, diamond plate floor and false floor with draws (£18.5K spent in one morning - ouch)

£10K got banked so went for a Thai lunch with the missus and a couple of ales to wash it down.

Now I just have to send the monitor back 'cos the power socket on it is a bit iffy. :(

fitz1 said:
we better not put them under floor boards either. someone may put a nail or screw through them there. :rolleyes:

somert about disguise as decoration, such as skirter etc door frame trims and all that pullarver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back