First frost of the year

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well the back half of the year anyway. Time for the thermals.

IMG_4150.JPG

Sponsored Links
Frost here in Sussex, just got back from walking dog Brrrrr.....:cool:

Can't wait to get on that roof.

A few years back (mid-Dec 2009) I remember the van temperature reading -11°C and then briefly dipping to -12°C, as we approached the job at 7:50am. We had built a tent around the job (front porch) and was running a small fan heater in there. We stored the timber (for the roof) in the tent also. As soon as we brought a length of wood out and put it on the saw, it froze to the saw. We ended up having to warm the saw table with a blow lamp to prevent the wood from freezing to it.

Last edited:
Tell me about it! Just scraped the frost off the wife’s car and warmed it up for her. Only fair I suppose. Right, back to bed for a bit. :D

Sponsored Links
Getting a bit chilly down here in Margate, but no frost yet. Odd weather conditions here with so much sea around us means that we don't often get snow, but drive up to Herne bay, and it's all laying on the ground. Had about 1 days snow last year, and that was the first in about 6 years.

Don't like how my already tiny c0ck and balls shrivel right up inside me, can't even find it for a p1ss

Getting a bit chilly down here in Margate, but no frost yet. Odd weather conditions here with so much sea around us means that we don't often get snow, but drive up to Herne bay, and it's all laying on the ground. Had about 1 days snow last year, and that was the first in about 6 years.

Get your winter onions in this week if you are doing them. I've got 1000 prepped and ready to go.

Just scraped the frost off the wife’s car

A watering-can of hot water is quicker and less effort. It also warms the glass so it dries. I knew an engineer who used boiling water in a kettle. Neighbours use to stand round expecting the glass to crack. It doesn't.

I add a drop of WUL to mine to leave the glass clean.

Beware of car frosting :eek:

(where cars are left on the drive, engine running to warm up......then some scroat nicks it).

I knew an engineer who used boiling water in a kettle. Neighbours use to stand round expecting the glass to crack. It doesn't.

Odd, as I've a direct experience to the contra; the neighbour's windscreen split right down the middle as a result of her dopey teenage son trying to be helpful by defrosting ma's windscreen, pouring freshly boiled water down the centre..

Sponsored Links
Back