First frost of the year

A watering-can of hot water is quicker and less effort. It also warms the glass so it dries. I knew an engineer who used boiling water in a kettle. Neighbours use to stand round expecting the glass to crack. It doesn't.

Absolute bullocks.

Sponsored Links
you might think that.

Ever since he told me, and I saw him do it, I've been using a watering-can of hot water on mine.

If he'd ever cracked the glass, I'm sure he would have stopped doing it.

A watering-can of hot water is quicker and less effort. It also warms the glass so it dries. I knew an engineer who used boiling water in a kettle. Neighbours use to stand round expecting the glass to crack. It doesn't.

I add a drop of WUL to mine to leave the glass clean.

you might think that.

Ever since he told me, and I saw him do it, I've been using a watering-can of hot water on mine.

If he'd ever cracked the glass, I'm sure he would have stopped doing it.

Not quite the boiling kettle though, is it?

Sponsored Links
I use warm water (boil a kettle and then add a bit of cold). I wouldn't dare use near-boiling water! :eek:

Use hot water from the tap.

Yes, I find that quickest and most convenient. A 5-litre watering can fills in less than half a minute and is adequate to go all round a small car (no sprinkler fitted). For a large car I use a second can to finish off and wash the lamps and number plates.

Sheet of 1000 gauge polythene across the windscreen, secured by shutting the ends into the driver and passenger doors.

Being non-absorbent, doesn't stick to windscreen.

No room for a car. Where would I keep my lawn-mowers, ladders, and dented paint tins?

and the bike and cycle?

my spare engine?

the winter-tyre wheels?

my roll of carpet and the garden vac?

When I’ve been in a rush, I’ve used lukewarm water - a quarter of a kettle of boiling water, then filled it up with cold. You need to leave the wipers on though (make sure they’re not frozen to the screen) otherwise the water immediately freezes up.

Sponsored Links
Back