First time in 5 years

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've not gone into work because i'm sick :mad: I think its food poisoning.

I'm discovering these new daytime TV programmes, breakfast TV, a programme on bridges, and the best of the best The Jeremy Kyle show, LOL. Please tell me these people aren't real and its a set up? :eek:

Anyone else not been sick in so longer time? Any advice for programmes to steer clear of in fear of sending me insane? Had an email off my friend who said to avoid "Cash in the attic" at all costs :D

Sponsored Links
19 yrs without going sick or time off :eek: Ended up in hospital for a emergency operation :cry:

19 yrs without going sick or time off :eek: Ended up in hospital for a emergency operation :cry:

Wow, thats pretty good, yes five years ago I had a stomach ulcer and had a week in hospital, blood transfusion etc.. bloody horrible. What was your operation?

We had a guy work here for just over 7 years who never took time off (outside annual leave). One morning he set off to work in his Mini, but it broke down on the way, he left it where it stopped - ran the 2miles home again, got his push-bike out and cycled to work instead. He was an hour late but made the time up. What a guy!!!

Sponsored Links
What was your operation?
Went in to have a scan on my testicles, a small lump but that was okay, the nurse noticed I was in slight pain as I turned over, so they checked my right kidney with the same machine! I had large 8.3cm size cyst inside my kidney and did an operation which called deroofing of kidney cysts, spent a week in hospital. It wasn't until after the op they told me I was lucky to be alive, if the cyst bursted inside my kidney I would've 3 mins to live :eek: Most people can have up to 3-5 cysts and it's harmless but mine was rare and unlucky. I now think everyday is a blessing and thanks my testicles for saving my life :LOL:

What is wrong with actually being ill and not going to work?

Obviously, self employment makes a big difference about whether to get up or not.

After a couple of hours of morning/daytime TV, I would be surprised if you are not instantly cured and off to work for the afternoon

After a couple of hours of morning/daytime TV, I would be surprised if you are not instantly cured and off to work for the afternoon

I think you're spot on, i was ill a couple of weeks ago and sat in bed watching the endless drivel on TV, i was glad to get back to work as two days of 'A New Life Down Under', Cash in the Attic etc etc... was worse than the S & D bug!!

I do think that if more people stayed at home when they're ill and didn't spread it round the office whilst coming in and working at about 50% then maybe the one or two days off of one person would actually be better for business?

The Jeremy Kyle show, LOL. Please tell me these people aren't real and its a set up? icon_eek.gif
:evil: the wife records that carp and watches it in the evening.....where do the researchers find these people? the gutters of the back streets of our cities! or day release from our mental health establishments.
a jeremy scenario:
oooh jeremy my 14yr old daughter keeps getting drunk/drugged up, she keeps stealing my purse and we are now on our 3rd telly, her 4 kids are running riot and leaves me to care for them!.
her tattooed knuckle scraper boyfriend wont get out of his pit to look for a job.
enter the knuckle scraper with the indian ink tattooed forehead 1 rotten front tooth and an etched line tattooed round his kneck saying cut here........
gladly...:cool:

Had a single day bug once from a prawn sandwich, glad it didnt last any longer, i was in agony. :(

I wouldn't mind but I bought it from work, consumed it at work, arrived home at 11:30, sat on the bog, and . . oh carp . . . 48h off work.

I haven't touched a prawn sandwich since, the thought makes me wretch. If I eat anything with prawns I make damn sure that are piping hot. ;)

Had a single day bug once from a prawn sandwich, glad it didnt last any longer, i was in agony. :(

I wouldn't mind but I bought it from work, consumed it at work, arrived home at 11:30, sat on the bog, and . . oh carp . . . 48h off work.

I haven't touched a prawn sandwich since, the thought makes me wretch. If I eat anything with prawns I make damn sure that are piping hot. ;)
I have had the same trouble with a prawn sandwich. I was up all night whilst camping and my sh*te was red hot!! :evil:

Not work related, but where I live there was a guy who went into the pub every night at 9 o'clock for 40 odd years, then one night he never turned up so the landlord rang the police who went round to his house. The guy opened the door to the suprise of the police, who then had to explain why they had called and asked him why he hadn't gone the pub, to which he replied 'I didn't fancy it tonight'

i had 3 days off in 1990 to get a scope in my knee to clean it up a bit, i know i've been lucky and have no prob with someone taking sick time/pay if they are ill but it gets on my wick when you know people use sick pay to get more holidays without any care or interest in the employer, where i worked before we had several who regularly took time off as part of their "entitlement" one girl in the office was off regularly at school holidays to watch her sisters kid as she didnt get sick pay, she couldnt understand how it ****ed everyone off although the employer couldnt prove anything

Sponsored Links
Back