Fit pet lenses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an omicron 8000 and several pies. I now need to change some lenses for pet lenses but when I take the front off the pir the alarm goes off.
How can I stop this as I need to fit 3 lenses? I also need to fit a new pir as one looks discoloured.
Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The alarm goes off because you are tampering with the system, its meant to do this.

One thing with pet sensors is that they need to be at EXACTLY at the correct height, otherwise they are useless. Check the height of the existing pir's before mounting them. Animals can and do jump onto tables and stuff like that, then what the pir couldn't "see" is now visible, creating an alarm.

Check part 12 of the sticky for more info.

Thanks for the info. I know they are supposed to go off but I would like to stop this while I work on them. Is there any way I can do this?

Chicken and mushroom or cheese and onion? Thin or thick crust? :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you dont know the engineering code for your alarm, Take off a pir lid , creating an alarm, silence it , leave off the pir lid and proceed to do other sensors whilst the tamper loop is still broken.

BTW i could do with a pie :D

The one you dismiss was also sensible.
Especially the part about the fitting height.

Use all the pet lenses you want, the wrong height and a waste of time.

Also if its cats your really wasting your time. Best thing for cats is a vat of boiling
oil.

The one I was dismissing was the remark that seems to be about pizza selection!

Exactly!

I too would like to have several pies :D

Looking at the scales, I have already had too many....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back