Fitting a new uPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace the old wooden side door in my garage with a new uPVC one. All the instructions for this tell you to measure to the brickwork and to remove the old doorframe when fitting. My problem is the garage is a 50+ years old Marley garage (pre-fabricated reinforced concrete panels) and it’s virtually impossible to drill into without either damaging the concrete or finding a reinforcement bar. Although the bottom half of the old door has rotted the actual doorframe is perfectly okay. Do you think it would be okay to just keep the wooden frame and screw the new door into it?

Sponsored Links
Can you not use the existing mountings for the wooden door frame, I presume the wooden door frame is fixed somehow to the garage.

Treat the uPVC frame exactly like the wooden frame.

I'm answer to your question, yes you can leave the existing frame in place and screw the uPVC one onto it, however it will make the door way smaller.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back