FITTING A SHAVER POINT

afc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN I TAKE A FEED FROM THE CEILING ROSE IN MY BATHROOM TO FEED A SHAVER POINT WITH A TRANSFORMER CAN I USE IMM CABLE AND DO I CONNECT LIVE TO LIVE NEUTRAL TO NEUTRAL MANY THANKS

Sponsored Links
Sorry, you posted this in the WIKI section of the forum. I see a moderator has moved it. My previous post is now irrelevant and I will edit it.

Sponsored Links
Well to the subject, it is possible to do as you say. You need a permenant live and a neutral and an earth from the ceiling rose / junction box.

You also need to ensure your supplementary bonding is in place in the bathroom - these are 4mm earth wires that tie every extraeneous part in your bathroom to the same potential voltage to minimise risk of shock.

Also, this work is legally notifiable to your local building control dept, who will test and inspect your work. You may find it cheaper to get an electrician to do the work.

And I am not meaning to cause offence, but your first post doesn't fill me with confidence that you are competent to do this work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back