Fitting a Sylvania LS200 cabinet light

stl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have bought an under cabinet light from ToolStation and wanted to install it under the kitchen cupboard, but rather than wire into the mains, I just wanted to add a pug on the end and plug into a socket.

However, the instructions indicated that "if removing a continental 2 pin plug then do not refit uk 3 pin plug". The lamp just came witha bare flex and I would just like to add a plug and install it? Is this possible and any reason why it would be best not to?

Also it suggested a 5A fuse for the light, which seems excessive as it is only 8W. The light is on its own and not linked in with any others?

Any thoughts greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
The lamp just came witha bare flex and I would just like to add a plug and install it? Is this possible
Yes.
and any reason why it would be best not to?
No.
Also it suggested a 5A fuse for the light, which seems excessive as it is only 8W.
It depends on the cable - not the light. 5A will be a maximum.
You can use a 3A (or 1A) if you don't have any 5s.
Anything less than 5A will be alright.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back