Fitting aerial inside

The loft space is an actual flat !!

The space for the aerial is off to the right and will house the boiler, wash machine and fuse board. Prob not the aerial

Sponsored Links
I have my aerial in the loft and I am about thirty miles from tacolneston transmitter
I don't think anyone is suggesting loft aerials can't be installed if they have to be. Just that 'YMMV' is the watch phrase.

FWIW, given the option of taking the quick fix of a loft installation, but then knowing I'd be leaving the customer with sub-optimal signal quality versus the extra work dragging out the ladders to do it properly... well, it's ladders for me.

(Makes a change from curtains LOL)

Sponsored Links
I was living in a flat, and wanted to put up an aerial, I found a length of 300Ω ribbon cable cut to form a slim jim and stuck to the window with sellotape was good enough to reach local repeater and play packet radio with 5 watt transmit power. (VR2ZEP)

OK there were 40 floors and I was on the 35th, so no way I could have run a cable to roof, and at that height good take off.

But some times we over think what is required, last house aerial was around 10 foot high on side of garage, it actually worked better low down, as line of sight to Moel-y-parc, but house shielded it from Winter Hill, so it stopped the TV trying to continually re-tune its self.

And on the Falklands I found myself living in a container, a really good faraday cage, and I was using a single long wire, all theory said it should not have worked, but I was talking to locals some 20 miles away without a problem. (VP8BKM)

In other words, suck it and see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back